BROUGHTON MOOR PARISH COUNCIL
CHAIRMAN: Mrs C Ferguson CLERK: Mrs J Sorensen
Minutes of the Meeting of Broughton Moor Parish Council held at 7:00pm on Tuesday 8th September, 2015.
Present: Cllrs C Ferguson, A. Tyson, M Harrison, E Martin and R Ives County Cllr K. Little and Cllr C McCarron Holmes. Mrs J. Sorensen, Parish Clerk was also present.
Apologies for absence were received from T Armstrong, D Sharp, C Thinnesen and the Police.
20/15 Declarations of Interest
There were no requests for dispensations or declarations of interest.
21/15 Public Section
No members of the public were present.
22/15 Approval of Minutes of the last meeting.
On the proposal of Cllr M Harrison, seconded by Cllr A Tyson, the Minutes of the meeting held on 21st July 2015 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.
23/15 Matters arising from the Minutes
- The Clerk confirmed that the meeting with Infinergy was 22nd October 2015 at 2.00pm; included in matters for discussion would be the annual amount payable to the parish council from the windfarm company.
- Meeting with Mr Mewse and members of the Flimby and Broughton Moor Windfarm Committee confirmed as 15th September at 6pm.
24/15 Police Matters
25/15 Land at Southfield Farm
Cllrs M Harrison and E Martin reported that a representative of P Rowe Developments had visited the site and had sprayed weedkiller. Cllr Harrison had spoken to the representative as she felt this was an inadequate way to deal with the knotweed and had been informed that the landowner would be contacted. Cllr Martin had spoken to ABC Planning Department and was awaiting a response. Cllr C McCarron-Holmes is to take up this matter with the Planning Dept. Cllr Martin had also reported this matter to County Highways.
25/15 Development of Tennis Courts
Cllr K Little reported that ABC would not be interested in establishing a municipal burial ground on the land at the Tennis Courts unless and until the churchyard was officially closed. Cllr A Tyson reminded the meeting that this land is held in trust for the benefit of the village and that it is incumbent upon the parish council to take care of it.
This item was deferred to the next meeting.
27/15 Welfare Field
The Clerk presented a letter from Mr S Moorhouse, ABC Legal Services which queried ownership of some of the land surrounding the welfare field. The Parish Council agreed that this land is in ABC’s ownership – clerk to inform ABC Legal Services.
- Notification of a Community information event to be held in Broughton Moor School on Saturday 19th September from 10am to 3.30pm, was received.
- Questionnaire from CALC regarding the Transparency Code – Government Support Fund, was received – clerk to respond.
- Cheques issued and approved:
101368 Chairman’s Expenses 19.00
101369 ROSPA – Annual Playing Field Inspection 96.00
101370 ISS Landscaping – Welfare Field Maintenance 523.64
101371 Mrs J Sorensen – September Salary 275.72
101372 HMRC 65.60
101374 Postage, stationary etc. 46.65
Date and time of next meeting: Tuesday 20th October 2015 at 7:00pm
The meeting closed at 8:25pm.